But first: **While the information we shared on the podcast and on this webpage may be of interest to you and you’re current situation, never take information shared through a blog, podcast, or any other virtual medium as a replacement for the advice a trained medical professional can give you in the appropriate clinical setting. Our discussions, as they are shared on the podcast and on this website, are purely anecdotal and should never, EVER be a substitute for medical advice based on your unique circumstances. PLEASE, be sure to listen to what we have to say, then talk to your doctor BEFORE taking action to be sure it’s safe for you.
Here are some symptoms to ‘listen’ for when evaluating yourself as you listen to your own body and mind:
- Signs of under-training:
- Not meeting your goals
- Perceived effort is diminishing
- Signs overtraining:
- HR, Resting HR, HRV,
- Hunger, thirst (Excessive)
- Issues with concentration
- Poor motor function
- Chronic, persistent pain
- Acute, temporary pain
- Take time for specific recovery if you’re injured
- Seek expertise
- Make time for sleep, rest, downtime
- If it hurts, stop!
- If you feel tired, do less
- Review and rest what you hold yourself accountable for
- Poor sleep
- Apathy or irritability
- Poor appetite
- Mouth health
- Gut activity - gas, diarrhea
- Skin, hair, and nail appearance
- General, unexplainable fatigue
- Confused thinking
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability
- Extremely high or low moods
- Excessive fear, worry, or anxiety
- Social withdrawal
- Dramatic changes is sleeping and/or eating habits
- Strong feelings of anger
- Delusions or hallucinations
- Increasing inability to cope with daily problems or activities
- Thoughts of suicide
- Denial of obvious problems
- Multitude of unexplained physical problems
- Abuse of alcohol and/or drugs
Find out more about us:
- Find Meghan Fanning at www.zendurancenow.com. Be sure to check out her coaching services!
- See what’s on John Harris’ mind through his blog and listen to him weekly as co-host of Back of Pack Endurance podcast.
- You can find me at www.tiogawellness.com or www.heytombarbieri.com
- And check out the Fitness & Endurance Training group on Facebook.
- Visit the show page and subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. Give the show a review? ;-)
Thanks for listening in - Be fit! Go far! Live well!